All copyrights to Linkin Park and Warner Bros. or the one who remixed this song.
About Burn It Down:
“Burn It Down” is a song by American rock band Linkin Park. The song was released to radio stations as well as a digital download on April 16, 2012, as the lead single from their fifth studio album Living Things. The song was written by the band and produced by co-lead vocalist Mike Shinoda and Rick Rubin, who co-produced the band’s studio albums Minutes to Midnight (2007) and A Thousand Suns (2010).
A music video was directed by Linkin Park turntablist Joe Hahn.
On March 28, 2012, Mike Shinoda confirmed that the first single for Living Things will be “Burn It Down”. Lead singer Chester Bennington talked about the song in an interview with MTV, saying what made the song interesting was “the really high energy and the really strong electronic melodies and hooks kind of set this song apart, which is why we chose it as our first single.” Shinoda also said that the song’s meaning can be open to numerous interpretations, with an example being “what we do in pop culture, where we build somebody up to be the next great thing and then we just like to destroy them at the end of the day, and we’ve lived through that, so I think there’s a lot of personal energy that went into the connection of that story.”
On April 5th, 2012, the band released a series of sliding puzzles at the band’s official website to unlock snippets of the song. The last puzzle was completed on April 11, 2012, revealing the cover art. Another game was released, in which the snippets of the song were finally unveiled. A 30-second preview of the song was released by radio station SONiC 102.9. The song premiered on numerous modern rock radio stations.
Music News Headlines
- No Longer A Loner, A Frenetic Caroline Rose Finds Her Synth-Pop Sound
- Wadada Leo Smith's Create Festival Returning To Firehouse 12
- 'Metal Together': Judas Priest Soldiers On With 'Firepower' World Tour
- Brandy, Ashanti, Avant, Lil Mo Coming To Foxwoods As Part Of R&B Remix Tour
- Connecticut To Join Global Make Music Day
- Ugandan Flutist Premieres Storytelling Show 'Resilience' At HartBeat, USJ
- Canadian Troubadour J.P. Cormier Coming To Hartford
- Indie Pop Band Turnover Coming To Toad's Place
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor At College Street
- Synth-Pop Duo Vowws Coming To Cafe Nine
- Felice Brothers To Play Space Ballroom
- Wolf!, Soule Monde To Play Infinity Hall
- Allen Lowe And The Fake Music Ensemble At Firehouse 12
- David Byrne To Play Oakdale In September
- New Music Venue The Rough Draft Taking Over The Space Building
- New Songs In Hand, A Liberated Lee Ann Womack Plays For New Fans And Old
- Funk Soul Band West End Blend To Headline At Toad's Place
- Miguel To Perform At College Street Music Hall
- Kaoru Watanabe’s Néo Up Next In At Real Art Ways' Drum Series
- Bella's Bartok At Arch Street Tavern