One of the features available in PSP are the ability to play music files namely MP3 format. Certain PSP will also be able to play other types of music files such as Window very own WMA and WMV format, but we will get into that later. However these are restricted to newer version of PSP. This is a rundown on how to put music on PSP.
The steps taken is no different than transferring any files from your PC to PSP memory stick. In order to put music on PSP you will require a USB cable.
This is how you put music on PSP:
1. Connect your PSP with your PC using the USB cable.
2. Use your PSP interface and hit HOME button, and then go into "Settings". Here you will have to use
the directional button to find "USB Connection"
3. Once the connection is made, you will need to check your PCs available drives. You can do this by
going into "My Computer". Your PC should detect your PSP as and additional drive. It is not much
different from using portable drive or thumb drives actually.
4. Click on your assigned PSP drive.
5. Create a new folder call "music" on your PSP drive
6. Select your MP3 music from your PC and drag it into your "music" folder on your PSP. Note that all
This is done in your PC interface.
7. When all the desired MP3 are transferred, get out of the USB connection mode by pressing "O" on
8. Find the music area in your PSP, and select your memory stick. Search for your "music" folder and
you are good to go.
If you have other types of music format in your PC, ie WMV or WMA, you will need a converter to convert those files to MP3 format. Do not fret though, as Sony will also supply PSP user with its very own Image Converter. You can easily convert WMA and WMV files format into MP3 format and just repeat the whole process on how to put music on PSP.
On the other hand if you want to play WMV and WMA files without converting your files to MP3, you can always update your PSP firmware to the latest firmware. However, I would not recommend this (upgrading your PSP firmware) as it will severely limit your PSP experience. Some of the effect of upgrading your PSP firmware is that certain games you have will not work on your PSP with the latest firmware. There are forums dedicated to PSP downgrading as a lot of people want to revert back to their old firmware.
"How to put music on your PSP?" has been asked countless times and using PSP interface it is as easy as transferring files to your USB thumb drives. Hope this articles helps.